Easy marketing methods to promote your business, no money required!
This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Before you can make your first sale, you’ll need to learn how to market your business, and even if there are thousands of ways to do that, in this post we’ll share some simple marketing methods. Be sure to test, refine and learn from these methods and implement those that work for you.
Each of these methods are inexpensive and practical, though they may feel out of your comfort zone at first. Ready? Let's start.
Ask for help from friends and family
You might want to start by asking your friends and family to share your business with their networks. This is really effective because people tend to buy from people that they trust. Therefore, potential customers may come from the people you know directly or those connected to them.
A great way to approach this the best possible way is to write a quick email to your friends and family and explain to them about your business, why you started it, how they can benefit from it, etc. And make sure you include a call to action at the end inviting them to click the link to your online store.
Reach out to influencers
Getting people to write about your business is absolutely possible. Getting yourself published, for instance, in a blog, is one of the fastest ways to build your credibility and start getting customers, engaging with your community, and getting more people excited about your products or services.
If you have a great product or service, there will be plenty of people excited to feature your business on their platforms. Just as you approached your friends and family, this time you can send an email to different influencers and celebrities. Be sure to outline why you started your business, how can you contribute to their communities, and what keeps you apart from the competition. Be mindful that a very great feature of your business can also be your branding experience, so make sure to use not just the benefit from your products, but also, your brand itself.
You can also send free samples to Instagram and TikTok influencers. Even though there’s no guarantee they will feature or talk about your product, if they love it, you’ll have a huge win for your business and even, thinking in the long-term, develop a relationship with them. Perhaps you can invite them to become affiliate partners down the road.
Depending on your budget, another option is to pay influencers to promote your product. This will depend, of course, on how much they charge and the number of followers that they have.
Be proactive in social media
This method requires some research and patience at the beginning. Remember, you’re trying to really get inside the mind of your potential clients. But connecting with them, the people who could share and recommend your business, is key to your success.
Sell at local events
People connect with people, not with corporations. Being present in an event is a great way to share your story directly with potential customers and also explain the benefits of your product to them.
Another benefit of being present is that selling in person is a great way to gather feedback and to continue to refine your product over time.
Take food products for instance. It’s a great way for consumers to try the product and purchase it immediately.
A few things to keep in mind though: be sure to capture their email address and always make a follow-up soon after the show ends, thanking them for their presence. Invite them to spread the word about your business and add a link to your website. A future follow-up to resell to them later through your online store might be also a good idea.
As you can see, this is a great way of finding new and loyal customers who buy regularly. Keep in mind that word-of-mouth marketing is still the most potent of all.
Final tips to market your business successfully
- Be patient. Creating loyalty and trust takes time and energy, so make sure to consistently engage with your customers or potential customers
- Don’t fall for the idea that lowering your prices or giving discounts is the best way to make sales. It isn’t. What really matters is that you provide a great branding experience. This experience includes your online store design, the user experience throughout the store, how smooth the purchase process is, whether you do a follow-up or not, etc. Make your customers feel important and cared for.
- Prepare for success! Meaning, make sure your store runs smoothly. Check for bugs consistently, review your UX (user experience) and make sure it’s simple and easy to navigate, make your store interesting and appealing, etc. If you need help with any of these things, we’ll be happy to help! Contact us today by clicking here and tell us more about your business!
We’ll be happy to help you
Hiring a Shopify Expert can help you streamline your store's development. Having the experience of working with hundreds of stores online, we have developed a systemized process to set up any new Shopify store by following e-commerce best practices that will work for your business and actually give you a competitive advantage.
Here are a few things we can do for you:
- Want to check out if Shopify is for you? Get a 14 days trial!
- New at Shopify and not sure where to start? We can configure a solid, beautifully designed store for you and you won’t pay the monthly plan during the whole development even if it takes longer than the 14-day trial available directly through Shopify. Learn more about our Full store setup service.
- Ready to beautify your store and attract your customer's attention? Learn more about our Expert Theme Makeover service.
- Looking to migrate your online business to Shopify? Learn more about our Migration service.
- Need some coding, custom development, or bug fixes? Our dev team is ready to help you! Just contact us and let us know your current issues.
Ready to work with us? Contact us today by clicking here and tell us more about your business!