Start a print-on-demand business with Shopify in just a few days easily!
This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
If you’re an artist, writer, designer, or entrepreneur, physical products can be a great way to monetize your creativity. You can put your own original spin on everyday products like t-shirts, posters, backpacks, books and sell them through your Shopify store.
And it’s so easy to decide you want to start a print-on-demand business by Monday and start making sales by the end of the week. Can you imagine?
Ok, so let’s talk more about what a Print-on-demand business is.
Print-on-demand is a process where you work with a supplier to customize white-label products, meaning you’ll use your own branding or designs instead of a manufacturer’s brand. So it’s a low-risk, simple way to start a hugely profitable business without inventory since you don’t have to pay for the product until you have actually sold it.
The best advantages of a print-on-demand business model then are that:
- You won’t have to invest money on holding inventory.
- It’ll save you time and dealing with logistics like printing and shipping..
- It will also allow you to start selling really quickly and at a fraction of the cost.
If you’re ready to start a print-on-demand business with Shopify, here are a few useful apps that you would like to consider:
It’s completely free to start and use. You’ll only pay per ordered products. It’s main features and benefits are:
- One-stop print-on-demand, ordering, inventory, printing, and shipping service
- Products are shipped automatically within three business days
- Production is controlled in-house from start to finish, meaning consistent quality
- Wide distribution network in North America and Europe
- Over 230 customizable products, including backpacks, hats and phone cases as well as clothing
- Custom product branding second-to-none (custom tags, inserts, and stickers)
- Very strong on embroidered designs
- You customers can design their own items in your store
- Built-in mockup generator
- Provides design ideas/templates if you don’t have your own
- Logo design and photography services available
- Discounts offered on sample products allow you to test new ideas affordably
Easily setup your store in Printful
- Log into your Shopify account, go to “Apps” section, click “visit the Shopify app store” button in the right top corner.
- Type “Printful” in the search bar on the App store.
- Go to the app page and click “Add app” button.
- Sign-in with your email address, Facebook, Google or Apple account
- Insert your information, follow the steps, and setup your account
- Click “Connect your store” button
The price is $29USD per month but it provides discounts on orders for up to 10 stores. There is also a free plan available for a maximum of five stores. It’s main features and benefits are:
- Customize and ship over 250 different types of products (from an ever-growing catalog)
- All production and order fulfillment takes care of by Printify
- Printed in many locations from the US to the UK, China, Germany, and Australia, via a network of printing partners (reduces shipping costs)
- Easy-to-use mockup generator to design products and preview them
- Direct-to-garment, sublimation, cut and sew, embroidery, and other printing options available
- Ideal for beginners looking to get established in dropshipping or print-on-demand
- Very cost effective according to almost all users
- 24/7 merchant support even on the free plan
- Premium plan is ideal for established sellers with up to 10 stores and multiple print-on-demand brands
If you’re unsure how to connect your Printful or Printify app, or need some help with your Shopify store setup…
We’ll be happy to help you
Hiring a Shopify Expert can help you streamline your store's development. Having the experience of working with hundreds of stores online, we have developed a systemized process to set up any new Shopify store by following e-commerce best practices that will work for your business and actually give you a competitive advantage.
Here are a few things we can do for you:
- Want to check out if Shopify is for you? Get a 14 days trial!
- New at Shopify and not sure where to start? We can configure a solid, beautifully designed store for you and you won’t pay the monthly plan during the whole development even if it takes longer than the 14-day trial available directly through Shopify. Learn more about our Full store setup service.
- Ready to beautify your store and attract your customer's attention? Learn more about our Expert Theme Makeover service.
- Looking to migrate your online business to Shopify? Learn more about our Migration service.
- Need some coding, custom development, or bug fixes? Our dev team is ready to help you! Just contact us and let us know your current issues.
Ready to work with us? Contact us today by clicking here and tell us more about your business!